This is a set of 2 of the smallest IoT Wi-Fi Module available today.
The core processor ESP8285 integrates the industry-leading Tensilica L106 ultra-low-power 32-bit micro MCU in a small package with 16-bit Lite mode, clocked at Supports 80 MHz and 160 MHz, supports RTOS, and integrates Wi-Fi MAC/BB/RF/PA/LNA.
The ESP-01M WiFi module supports the standard IEEE802.11 b/g/n protocol, a complete TCP/IP protocol stack. Users can use this module to add networking capabilities to existing devices or to build separate network controllers.
The ESP8285 is a high-performance wireless SOC that offers maximum utility at the lowest cost and unlimited possibilities for embedding WiFi functionality into other systems.
The ESP8285 is a complete and self-contained WiFi network solution that can operate independently or as a slave running on another host MCUs. The ESP8285 is capable of booting directly from external flash memory when it is powered by an application and is the only application processor in the device. The built-in cache helps improve system performance and reduce memory requirements.
In another case, the ESP8285 is responsible for wireless Internet access. When it comes to the task of the WiFi adapter, it can be added to any microcontroller-based design. The connection is simple and easy, just by SPI / SDIO interface or I2C / UART port.
The ESP8285’s powerful on-chip processing and storage capabilities allow it to integrate sensors and other application-specific devices through the GPIO port, minimizing system resources during minimal up-front development and operation.
- The smallest 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi SOC module
- Low power 32-bit CPU, can also serve as the application processor
- Up to 160MHz clock speed
- Built-in 10 bit high precision ADC
- Supports UART/GPIO/IIC/PWM/ADC
- SMD-18 package for easy welding
- Integrated Wi-Fi MAC/BB/RF/PA/LNA
- Support multiple sleep patterns. Deep sleep current as low as 20uA
- UART baud rate up to 4Mbps
- Embedded LWIP protocol stack
- Supports STA/AP/STA + AP operation mode
- Support Smart Config/AirKiss technology
- Supports remote firmware upgrade (FOTA)
- General AT commands can be used quickly
- Support for the two development, integration of windows, Linux development environment
– Package type: Module
– Size: 18 x 18 x 2.8 mm
– SPI Flash: 1MB
– IO Ports: 11
– UART Baud rate: 300 to 4608000 bps (default 115200 bps)
– Frequency Range: 2412 to 2484MHz
– Antenna: on PCB
– Transmit Power 802.11b: 16±2 dBm (@11Mbps)
– Transmit Power 802.11g: 14±2 dBm (@54Mbps)
– Transmit Power 802.11n: 13±2 dBm (@HT20, MCS7)
– Receiving Sensitivity CCK, 1 Mbps: -90dBm
– Receiving Sensitivity CCK, 11 Mbps: -85dBm
– Receiving Sensitivity 6 Mbps (1/2 BPSK): -88dBm
– Receiving Sensitivity 54 Mbps (3/4 64-QAM): -70dBm
– Receiving Sensitivity HT20, MCS7 (65 Mbps, 72.2 Mbps): -67dBm
– Power consumpltion Continuous Transmission: 71mA (avg) 500mA (peak)
– Power consumpltion Modem Sleep: 20mA
– Power consumpltion Light Sleep: 2mA
– Power consumpltion Deep Sleep: 0.02mA
– Security: WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
– Power Supply Voltage: 3.0V to 3.6V (typ 3.3V)
– Operating Temperature: -20 to 85 C
The peak current can reach over 500mA. Please make sure you have a capable and stable power supply available. You will not be able to power this module from the 3.3V output of an Arduino board or a USB-UART like FT232 or CH340. A larger electrolytic capacitor (e.g. 1000µF) close to the power pins is highly recommended.