The INA226 is a current shunt and power monitor with an I2C compatible interface. The device monitors both a shunt voltage drop and bus supply voltage. Programmable calibration value, conversion times, and averaging, combined with an internal multiplier, enable direct readouts of current in amperes and power in watts.
The INA226 is used to measure current on common-mode bus voltages that can vary from 0 V to 36 V, independent of the supply voltage. The device operates from a single 2.7-V to 5.5-V supply, drawing a typical of 330μA of supply current. It is specified over the operating temperature range between –40°C and 125°C and features up to 16 programmable addresses on the I2C-compatible interface.
– Senses Bus Voltages From 0 V to 36 V
– Reports Current, Voltage, and Power
– High-Side or Low-Side Sensing
– High Accuracy: 0.1% max. Gain Error, 10μV max. Offset
– Configurable Averaging Options
– 16 Programmable Addresses
– Operates from 2.7-V to 5.5-V Power Supply
– Shunt voltage -82mV to +82mV
*The assemble shunt resistor of 0.1 Ohm enables a measuring range of about -820 to +820mA. For a higher measuring range, the shunt resistor can be replaced with a different value. Please refer to the datasheet for details.
Library and code example available on GitHub