16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver – I2C interface – PCA9685
|Closed for Xmas Holidays 12/12 – 01/06.
Except on 12/26 for Boxing Day Special.
No backorders accepted until 01/06/2024.
|Discount Type||Quantity||Volume Price|
|Quantity||3 - 9||10% CAD 11.25|
|Quantity||10 - 24||12.5% CAD 10.94|
|Quantity||25 +||15% CAD 10.63|
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Most Micro Controllers come with very limited PWM capabilities: Only a few PWM outputs, and only a low resolution like 8-bit, for example.
The PCA9685 from NXP has 16 free-running PWM outputs and can be daisy-chained up to 62 of these boards for a total of 992 PWM outputs – more than anyone will ever need.
- I2C-controlled PWM driver with a built-in clock. You don’t need to continuously send the signal from your microcontroller.
- It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V microcontroller and still safely drive up to 6V outputs (this is good for when you want to control white or blue LEDs with 3.4+ forward voltages)
- 6 address select pins so you can wire up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs – that’s a lot of servos or LEDs
- Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6kHz
- 12-bit resolution for each output – for servos, that means about 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate
- Configurable push-pull or open-drain output
- Output enable pin to quickly disable all the outputs
The breakout board comes with the following features:
- Terminal block for power input (or you can use the 0.1breakouts on the side)
- Power LED
- 3 pin connectors in groups of 4 so you can theoretically plug in 16 servos at the same time
- Cascadable (chainable) design
- 1000 capacitor on the V+ line
- 220 Ohm current limiting resistors on all PWM outputs to protect them, and to make driving LEDs easy
- Solder jumpers for the 6 address select pins
This module comes with the headers already assembled, as shown in the pictures.
4 Channel DC Motor Driver 4.5-25V – 600mA – L293 L293D0 out of 5
4-Channel Level Converter 3.3V-5V with on-board 3.3V LDO5.00 out of 5
I2C LCD Interface Module PCF8574 for Dot-Matrix Character Displays4.67 out of 5